Things that are 2017 Goals!

Friday, December 30

Oh my! I seriously haven't even thought about my upcoming goals for the year.  But felt I still needed to create a list and share it. I did put some thought into my goals, so they aren't just written up on a whim. 

I'll be honest, I didn't have goals for 2016. The only ones that I had were run Dopey and go through IVF, which I did in the first month. I hadn't made goals beyond that, because I didn't know what the outcome of our IVF cycle would be.

I'm reminded of the goals that I made in 2015, and the results are listed in bold:

"-Having a better and more meaningful relationship with Chase - this is an ongoing thing that I'm always striving to do.
-Being OKAY with me asking Chase for help around the house - I did get better at this, and it's taken a lot of humility on my part to as for help.
-Running my first Marathon (still need to find a good one for this year! - any ideas?) - Ran my first one in September of 2015 and #2 in January of 2016.
-Strength training on my own and in a class at the rec center - After my knee injury back at the end of May I started going a lot, and I started noticing more definition in my arms and legs. I loved it, and will continue to do it as long as I can.
-Eat better - eat more clean stuff - more fruits and veggies - Earlier this year Chase and I decided that we really really needed to get our of debt, and with that we reduced our budget down to $100 a month. Because our budget is so low for food (and we aren't eating out) we have been eating a lot more crabby food (top raman, mac and cheese, tuna fish sandwich, hot dogs, etc). I've been trying when I can to incorporate more veggies, so that it's not as bad.
-Be in the here and now - not on my phone so often - I'm still working on this more, I had a few weeks where I was not on Facebook, and Instagram much/at all.
-Strive to be more spiritual - work on reading my scriptures and reading more General Conference talks - I started with 5 minutes of scripture reading each morning, and that has helped, but its still a work in progress."



Here are my goals this year:

Spiritual
-Read my Scriptures/Conference talks for at least 5 minutes a day.
-Attend the temple (with or without Chase) at least 10 times.
-Fulfill my Visiting Teaching each month (something I constantly struggle with).

Physical
-Sign up for 1-marathon, 1-half marathon, 1-10k and 1-5k to complete by the end of 2017.
-Stick with strength training/Barre at least 3 times a week.
-Do some sort of cardio activity at least 3 times a week.

Relationship
-Do an activity/Date night we both enjoy once a month.
-Being okay with asking for help from Chase (this is an ongoing one that I need to continue to do).
-Have a better and more meaningful relationship with Chase (this is ongoing).

Emotional/Mental
-Read/Listen to 5 books.
-Be in the present and stop focusing on the "what if's" and the future.
-Write in my journal at least once per month.

I need to constantly remind myself that I'm not going to beat myself up if I fail to achieve my goals for the year. If I'm at least somewhat consistent then that was a better effort than failing in the first month like so many of us do.



--------------------------------------------------
P.S. Shirt sale ends December 31!!
_______________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment