Things that are Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

Tuesday, October 4

source
There's a popular quote by Ronald Regan that says "When a child loses his parent, they are called an orphan. When a spouse loses her or his partner, they are called a widow or widower. When parents lose their child, there isn't a word to describe them. This month recognizes the loss so many parents experience across the United States and around the world. It is also meant to inform and provide resources for parents who have lost children due to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, stillbirths, birth defects, SIDS, and other causes."

This month recognizes those parents who have lost a pregnancy and/or infant loss. I can tell you what... Having had 2 failed IVF cycles I learned that miscarriage is far more common than what most people think. I had several friends and family tell me after I announced both of our losses telling me that they have also had miscarriages. Most don't say anything and it is kept private. Most grieve without wanting others to see them cry at a loss. 

source

It is not fair that any of us has to go through losing a child whether it is at the very beginning, middle, or end of a pregnancy. It is not fair that any of us have lost a child due to birth defects or SIDS or any other reason not mentioned in Regan's quote. It is not fair that both parents are left to grieve while the world moves on around them.

It seemed fitting for me to post the poem called "Dads hurt too." There seems to be this stigma that only women are hurting when there is a loss of a child. That is 100% not the case. Yes, the woman is the one who carries the child, but it took two to create life. We need to remember those wonderful men who still hurt or who are hurting over the loss of a child.


Lauren over at I AM FRUITFUL reminded and encouraged me to remember that every baby's life has value and that God will give back what was taken from me. If not in this life than the next. I want to remember those babies that I held on to even if it was for just a moment. I want to remember my friend who lost her baby in the third trimester. I want to remember my parents and Chase's parents who have also suffered miscarriages. I want to remember that life, whether that is short or long, is to be cherished and never forgotten.
___________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment