Things that are my Favorite Fitness and Fertility Quotes

Friday, June 17

Over the past few months I have been looking at the people/companies/groups that I follow on social media (mainly Instagram), and compiled a few of my favorite quotes. There are definitely lots more I haven't posted, and I may in the future.

Favorite Fitness Quotes:
Source
I completely agree with this quote by SparkPeople. When running or training for a race it's always about us being better than what we used to be. It's improving our times, it's being stronger, it's being better in general. AND it's definitely not comparing ourselves to others.

I don't know how many times I have seen this going around social media, and I completely agree with it. Last year I lost about 10 pounds and there were weeks that I was up on weight and there were weeks that I was down on weight, but the overall progress was downward. I think as long as we're consistent in our progress whether that be weight loss or strength training or running, etc. we will see a change.

Favorite Fertility Quotes:

Source
I don't think this can be just fertility related quote. This is the whole circumference of us that defines if we will progress or not. I don't know how many times I have prayed to be given strength to make it through the day.
I prayed a lot when it came to my marathon training last year. I always prayed for safety while I was out running and to not injure myself. You know what, my prayers were answered and I am so thankful that they were answered, because I'm here I'm healthy and I'm safe. Chase and I aren't done trying everything we can to get pregnant, we haven't failed, but we definitely keep moving forward with treatments, and keep praying for the strength and encouragement to keep moving forward. I love this quote.

Source
I don't know how many times I have gotten others opinions on how I live my life. There was a guy that used to work with me, and whenever anyone would give their unsolicited advice on how to better himself he would say "Don't tell me how to live my life." As you can tell it has stuck with me. BUT we need to let others live their lives and not be bossy. When they want advice they will come ask for it.

Source

Some days are hard. Either with training for a race or to lose weight or being patient while waiting for your next fertility treatment to start (that's me), you gotta remember that you are important and that you really matter. Isn't it funny how you always learn more in hindsight?!



That was me this past weekend. I realized last week that I hadn't cried in over a month (a month, I know)! Then after my final depo-lupron shot I was an emotional mess! I just had to cry and let it all out and move forward, and we're okay this week. Sometimes a good cry will make all the difference.

I'm linking up with Courtney, Mel and Cynthia for this week's Friday Five. (though it's more of like a 6)
______________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

4 comments:

  1. Great quotes! It's so hard to compare ourselves to others. But knowing that we are doing the best we can is all that should matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really hard to not compare ourselves to others. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Great quotes, especially the "and all of that is ok".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth - "all of that is ok"! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete