Things That are Training for a 10k Week 1

Wednesday, April 13

I have crazy pacing goals, like I wanna run a 5k in 26 minutes, and I wanna run a 10k in under an hour, be under 2 hours for a half marathon and under 5 for a marathon. Those I think are all doable. But, they aren't goals unless I start working towards them, they are just considered wishful thinking.

I'm working on the 10k right now. I created a training plan for what I think will hopefully work for me. Maybe I need to get a running coach to step it up. I'm the person you know that always wants to reach my goals alone without help from others. Which sometimes can't be reached without the help from others. I think it's a pride thing.

This last week - last Tuesday (April 5) I wrote up a training plan for my race which is on Memorial Day, and I'm a few days late in posting this... oops.

This is what I had planned:

M -Yoga
T - Started training plan
W - Strength Train
Th - Speed work 6-1 mile repeats at 10k pace. My 10k pace is supposed to be 9:49 per mile. 
F - Easy Run
S - Long Run
-------------------------------------
This is what I actually did:

M - Yoga with my sister
T - Rest Day
W - Strength Train
Th - I ended up doing 4-1mile repeats, and my pace per mile was (9:33, 10:28, 12:27 and 10:46).

So I was using this app called "Pace Jam Free" and the way the app works is you type in how long you want to run, what pace you would like to have per mile and then you can choose what music effect you would like. It is supposed to help keep you on the pace, so I thought it would work perfectly for me trying to run a bit faster, and not really knowing how to keep the faster pace. Well it worked great for the first mile, and I'm not sure if it was because I had my phone in my spibelt instead of on my arm, because anytime I would try and run faster (looking at my phone seeing that I'm going really slow [mile 3]) it would slow my music down. 
F - It was supposed to be an easy run, but it was around 73 degrees when I got home from work, so I really didn't want to go run in the heat of the day, and I didn't want to go run on the treadmill at the gym. So I ended up not running. Yep I may regret it later, but I also felt it wasn't necessary for my quality runs I am looking for.
S - My "long run" consisted of 3 miles, but my goal was to stay between 10-10:15 per mile. Because of the medication I'm on (Depo-Lupron) it has been giving me painful cramps that come and go sporadically, which happened during my first mile a few times. So I ended up walking a few times and then running again. My average pace was 11:20 per mile, the first mile being 12:46, and then 10:15 and 10:35. 

Total Mileage for the week: 7.4
___________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog last week (or the week before) via Hungry Runner Girl, and I've enjoyed catching up on your journey. I'm dealing with infertility too...been trying for a kid for two years and was (finally) diagnosed with endometriosis in January. I'm almost halfway through my Lupron treatment (6 months) and am a beginner runner. I hope this next phase of your journey is successful!!

    --Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melanie! Thanks for finding me! I will have to read your blog about what you've been through with your Lupron treatments - cause I haven't found very many people that have done the injection treatment. Thanks for sharing your story with me! I'm always here if you need to vent. :)

      Delete