Things that are BEATInfertility

Thursday, April 14


I first saw BEATInfertility pop up after adding another infertile sister on Instagram. You know where Instagram gives you suggestions based on following that person? Once I started following I noticed that it was a podcast. I have loved listening to podcasts and audio books while at work, cause music can just get so monotonous and repetitive... Anyways, I was curious as to what the podcast would be about, and so far it has been excellent! I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of infertility, especially things that I should talk to my RE about, and it has created a passion in me to want to research every little thing and become my own advocate. Because we all need to be our own advocates when it comes to our health as well as fertility.

A few things about the website and podcast that I think you will enjoy:

There is a private FB group, as well as an app that she created. I haven't really gotten into the support group with the app a lot, but I was pretty active with the FB group. It seems to be pretty active after a few months of being up and running. But the one thing that I did notice is that this group is very positive and uplifting as opposed to a lot of the other semi-negative fertility support groups that I have been in.

Heather, who is the host of the podcast, makes it a point to talk to those who have had success stories, as well as those who are still struggling with treatments. She herself has just recently become a success story, which should give us all a little more hope. She has professionals on the podcasts answering questions, as well as helping you cope with your infertility struggles.

She talks to Dr. Allison Rodgers who is a reproductive Endocrinologist out in Chicago regularly. Who has also gone through infertility herself and shares her experience in her first episode she is on the show.

She talks to Dr. Maria Rothenburger who is a psychotherapist who talks with Heather about the emotions associated with infertility. She has a website and a clinic, in New Jersey.
 
You can also send in questions to Dr. Rodgers and she should be able to help, and if she can't then she will give you things to research yourself or ask your own RE about. I sent in a question about "running and fertility" and Dr. Rodgers answered my question in Bonus Episode 23: IVF 101 and a lot of the questions are pretty helpful.

There are other professionals that she has had on the podcast.

-----------------------------------------

This podcast has really opened my eyes to see that I am not alone in my struggles with infertility. Each one of us has our own individual struggles and infertility problems and they are all different from one woman to the next. Different treatments work for different women. That's what I love about this podcast. Hearing other women and what worked for them and being able to be our own advocate to be able to talk to our RE's about trying different things. I hope you will enjoy listening to the podcast, because it has been so inspiring to me.

Disclaimer: I am not receiving any compensation for sharing BEATInfertility, I just really love this podcast and thought it needed to be shared.
______________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

4 comments:

  1. Hello Tedi! Longtime reader, first time commenting. I actually came across your blog when you posted something about it on the BI FB thread a couple months ago and have followed it since because my family is also going through infertility (MFI) and I also like to run. I too haven't been that active since BI transitioned to the app (too many glitches in the beginning kinda turned me off) but it was a mostly positive experience and I should get back into it. Anyway, thank you so much for your blog and I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate it. I wish you the best on your journey! I'm glad I'm not the only runner with infertility problems. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing info. about BEATinfertility! I've just quickly scanned through some of the podcasts and it looks like they have a lot of pretty great and interesting stuff - I will definitely be checking them out, as well as the FB page - so thanks for that! Hope all is going well and continuing to send you positive thoughts and well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found something interesting in the podcast! Thanks for the positive thoughts and well wishes! I hope things are going well for you. :)

      Delete