Things that are Trials and "Why did this happen to me?"

Wednesday, March 2

For the longest time, growing up, I always thought that if something bad happened to me I had done something wrong and had sinned at one point. I read my scriptures, I prayed daily, I went to church, I had a testimony of Christ. Bad things still happen to good people, that's just life. We all are given trials, I personally believe that we decided what trials we were given before we came to this earth. 



While Chase and I were dating I had this feeling... This feeling was one that told me that if you married him, you may not be able to have children. It wasn't very loud, just a soft little voice that came to me. I kind of brushed it off, because I wasn't ready to have kids. I was 21 and living the dream, definitely not prepared to be a mom. Nor do I think I'm ready to be a parent now, after having been married for 8+ years.
 
I can't remember where or when I found this quote, but it got me thinking about the trials that we face here on the earth and how we can in turn better ourselves by the hardships we face: 

"Something wonderful happens when we really know, without a doubt, that God loves us—our questions completely change. Instead of asking, “Why did this happen to me?” or “Why doesn’t God care about me?” we say, “Well, I know God loves me; I know that. So what can I learn from this experience?”
Sometimes we think our trials come because we did something wrong. That’s not always true. Adversity is simply part of earth life. From it we can grow and progress if we choose to. Yes, some trials come because of our own disobedience, but many trials are simply part of life."
God already knows what we’re made of, but perhaps He wants us to learn what we’re made of. I think we would all agree that we learn more from our tough times than from our easy times. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. We don’t know the meaning of all things, but we know God loves His children! And because He loves us, He will never desert us."

Looking back and going through infertility, I don't know how many times I felt abandoned by God. I felt like he had left me completely. But the one thing that I did not do, nor forget to do, was get down on my knees and pray. When I have felt so low and depressed by infertility, and the many other trials that we face aside from infertility, I always hear a little voice pop into my head say "have you prayed?" In a way it has humbled me enough to remember that God still wants to hear from me, and that he is still really there, wanting me to come talk to Him about my problems, and that He has not deserted me.

I want you to remember, that God will never abandon you. He is still there always listening to you, but you have to humble yourself and pray to Him. That is the only way that He will give help to you, if you, but ask. 

Our trials are to help us become strong and to overcome our weaknesses. In 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, His grace is sufficient for us. Meaning He will give us aid if we but ask for His help, and because He loves us and is a merciful God.



His strength is made perfect in weakness. We can gain His strength for our own trials and weaknesses. I have learned that through this trial of infertility that I have gained more strength to get through the trials I am faced with every day.

Remember that God is a merciful God and that He loves us and will give us strength when we but pray to Him with a humble heart.

___________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

4 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and this post and totally can relate! It is hard to remember to turn to Him through the trialing times, but so important to do so. I recently decided to start my own blog and just wanted to say thanks for sharing your story and helping to remind all of us out there that we're not alone in this crazy, difficult, and tumultuous journey through infertility!

    *stillwaitingforabun.blogspot.com*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you started a blog! It is definitely a good outlet for getting your feelings out and being able to help others who are struggling. :)

      Delete