Things that are a Running Survey

Tuesday, March 29

I saw this Running Survey at Fit Wanderlust Runner and thought it would be fun to do and share:

1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
I have only had the opportunity to run along a beach path once, but I'm by the mountains so it's a lot easier to run. On a hot day I would much rather be running on a mountain trail, but on a cooler day probably the beach. I guess I would love both.


2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I love either the blue or the red. When we were running the Dopey Challenge in January, they only had yellow (gag me please!) and I opted to NOT drink it, but knowing how hot and humid it was I did drink it maybe twice throughout the marathon.

3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
I would definitely purchase running shoes. I think every runner could use more pairs. ;)

4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
I always prefer a training plan, but I also go with how my body is feeling. If I am tired and know that I haven't been getting enough sleep, then I obviously will take a rest day to help recoup and get more rest.

5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I have run plenty of races that seem to start with downhill, but end on an uphill. I would prefer to get all of my hills done in the beginning instead of the end of my run. 

6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Barre, swimming laps, water jogging, and spin class are some that I enjoy.

7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
I definitely like loop runs the best. But I have done a mix of all 3 for training.

8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
Shoes. Shoes are SO important in training. Watches and what you wear are also so important and I wish that I had known more of how to dress.

9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
When I was in Alaska last June I saw a mama moose and a baby moose sitting on the side of the road before I started my run. I did see an Ostrich in someone's yard on one of my long runs last year.


10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
I think so, but I don't think so. I'm sure if I had gotten lost that would be something I remember.

11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be? I think I would get sick of eating that one meal every time I got home from a run the next 30 days. I always love chocolate milk after my run.

12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often? It honestly depends on the weather and if I'm running outside or not. I wear capris mostly during the winter, but during the summer I wear my spandex shorts. I can't run in regular running shorts cause I chafe too much.

13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go? If I'm doing a long run (more than 13 miles) then I don't start warming up till like mile 6 - that's when my mind actually gets in the run. Any other run shorter than 13 I usually warm up around 1-2 miles.

14. What do you do with your key when you run? If I don't have my Spibelt on me then I will undo my laces (taking them out of a few of the eyelets first) and tie it into my shoe laces.

15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be? My first 10k. That was the summer I PR'd on my 5k, and I was getting pretty fast (not sure what's changed since then), I also remember not being able to run with any of my friends because I had to use the bathroom before I started the race.  So I used anger to get me up a huge hill at the beginning of the race.

16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run? Hill running is definitely not my favorite, but I also dread any run that is longer than 16 miles. My body is not used to running past 16, and so it is very challenging for me.

17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on? Not having signed up for a race and I also think I injured my knee somehow (the other one - not the one I injured last summer) and so that has been un-motivating for me. We are also going to be gearing up for another IVF cycle.

18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start? I do both. If I don't have the car then I will just run a certain number of miles from my house and usually they are loops. If I drive somewhere I usually either do a point-to-point run or have Chase drop me off and I run home.

19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance? They are definitely a must.

20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
"I can do hard things" has been my mantra and something I have started to live by.
Source
_______________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes I remember this survey! I remember how fun it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's always fun to do something different.

      Delete