Things that are My Favorite Half Marathons

Friday, March 18

I have only run a handful of half marathons, but for some reason half marathons are my favorite distance. I haven't done anything past a marathon, maybe I will someday be adventurous like a few of my running friends who do ultras. For now I will just stick to half marathons and an occasional marathon (St George?!). I have done a lot in training for marathons, and I have only PR'd twice. You can always count your first race as your PR because you have nothing to base it on (please tell me I'm right?!). 

Here are my favorite's and a little on why:

1. TIMPanogos Half Marathon

This was a fun course and seemed a lot longer than I was thinking, but they had creamies at the end of the race! I couldn't pass up that goodness!


2. St. George Half Marathon

I have run this race twice and would have ran it a 3rd time this year, but my last day to do high impact exercise was the day before. I PR'd twice on this race (1st half marathon, and then again with the help from my friend Celise).

 photo C8B7110F-8902-43EE-9601-B03CC8AF6321-1484-000000C04C14AC03_zps256d499c.jpg

3. Disney's Donald Half Marathon

This race was just plain fun. Lots of photo ops with characters, and plus I got to run a half marathon for my birthday! Disney races are definitely worth the cost.


4. The Haunted Half Marathon

This was Chase's first half, and it was so fun to run with him. I'm not sure he would run it again, or any half marathon again for that matter.


5. Cedar City Half Marathon

This was a love/hate course for me. The steep downhill killed me and then the little rolling hills at the end. But I ran with my friend Shanalee for most of the course.



I'm linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed up for What?! for Friday Five.
___________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment