Things that are Starting IVF: Embryo Transfer

Monday, February 15


The wait from Friday to Sunday wasn't too bad. I tried to get a lot of cleaning done at home so I didn't have to do it the following week and that I could just take it easy.

I was wanting to attend church but Chase was worried that our embryo's would be affected if I went and had all those smells around me. Not sure if it helped at all but we at least tried.

Since our appointment wasn't until 2:30 I just laid around all day, trying not to do too much.

I had to take my endometrim suppositories, Valium, and Tylenol with me to my appointment. My bladder needed to be semi full for the procedure.

I took the Valium at 2:30, and we didn't get back to see our RE till about 3:30 - I guess they had an emergency come up so it pushed our appointment back. I felt pretty loopy by 3:30, and wasn't feeling 100%.

At this point waiting for 30-40 minutes, and I had to use the bathroom. My bladder was overly full. The nurse came out and I asked if I could go, and she said only 4-5 Mississippi's. That was so hard to do because I wanted it all out of my bladder. About 15 minutes later my RE comes out to get me, and I tell him I have to go really bad, again... So he checks my bladder out on the ultrasound and sees that it's overly full. He told me again to go count to 3-4 Mississippi's, I did 5, oops. I also walked out in the hall and distinctly remember telling my RE "I don't need to wear this (my little cover for when they actually do transfer), they've all seen everything anyways." He kindly said maybe they don't want to see it all. Oh dear, I'm surprised Chase didn't get that on camera.


Once my bladder feels a bit better, I lay back down on the bed, and he tells us the results of our embryos. Out of the 4 from day 3, only 2 made it. Of those 2 one was graded good, and the other graded fair, because of those results, he said we would have a 60% chance of getting pregnant (30% from one and 30% from the other). Since I have diminished ovarian reserve (DOR, my egg quality and count are a lot lower than what they should be for my age) he felt that would bring on the best success for me. 

 Next the nurse came in and puts the gel on my tummy for the ultrasound, and he gets me ready for the transfer (speculum, and catheter in). Surprisingly I didn't feel a thing! I said, "Woah! You're in my uterus?" Next thing I know the embryologist comes in with the 2 embryos, and gives them to my RE. At this point he goes a little further in with the catheter, all while seeing them on the screen, and then you see 2 white dots on the screen. I did cramp for a second while he was trying to get them more snug in my uterus. I mentioned that to him and he didn't get them in as far. They didn't want me to cramp, and wanted everything in my uterus to be calm and quite as opposed to getting an IUI done.


After he got the catheter, and speculum out they printed some pictures for us. We just stayed in the room and cried tears of joy, that we were able to get this far, and actually become officially pregnant until proven otherwise (PUPO). It felt so good to be able to say that I was pregnant.

My clinic has what are called "Princess Days" for the 2 days following transfer where I am to not do anything for myself, everyone is supposed to do everything for me. It was nice not having to do the dishes for a few days. I had my friend Alli come stay with me for a few hours during the day. I was seriously wishing I had had more to do while sitting.



My beta was scheduled for February 4. I had up and down moments during that two week wait - even though it wasn't a full 2 week wait. I think everyone has those moments when waiting to see if your little embabies actually decided to implant or not.

____________________________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

8 comments:

  1. Anxiously awaiting to hear how your beta went...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I miss it?? When will it be up? Praying for the very best for you girl!

      Delete
    2. Lavonne, the post scheduled for Wednesday. :) sorry to make you wait so long, but I had to wait until I felt ready to share it all. :)

      Delete
  2. I am guessing since you had your hair done ( color or highlights ) that you are not pregnant?? But maybe I am just old school when it comes to doing your hair with color/highlights the first trimester of pregnancy. I hope I am wrong. Blessings to you either way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post here. Love to read it. I like your way of writing. Thanks. Ifertility test

    ReplyDelete