Things that are my Year in Running

Saturday, December 26

I thought it would be fun to link up with Courtney for her Year of Running 2015. She asked a few questions, I think they are kind of like a "best of" for the year.

It has been a challenge trying to come up with my "bests" from this year. I had forgotten about some of the races I had done back in January and February. Here you go:

Best race experience: The Huntsville Marathon was a great race experience. Even though there were a few things that I thought could have been better about the race, the majority of the race was great! Plus it was my year to run my first marathon. 

Best run: I ran so much this year from previous years, that it's so hard for me to choose just one run that was great. But, if I have to choose it would be getting my PR on the St. George Half Marathon in January. I ran with my friend, Celise, and it was just the best run ever! Even though I was SO sore after.



Best new piece of running gear: I got a spi belt and it now prevents me from wearing 2 sports bras and putting my phone in between the two bras. Yeah, that's probably really gross, but it was a solution to carrying my phone. So I'm glad I was able to get something to wear around my waist, and I have used it on every run (aside from the treadmill) since.

Best running advice you’ve received this year: The saying "I am comfortable" and "You can do hard things" have been helpful the past few months. Which I would have known them earlier this year when I got injured after playing soccer

Most inspirational runner: I would say Amanda from Run to the finish, and Janae from Hungry Runner Girl have been the two that I have enjoyed and really inspired me this past year, and they always seem to have really great content on their blogs, and love to help other runners become better.

Favorite picture from a run or race this year: You can see the exhaustion on my face. I was tired and sore and really sun burnt but I was so happy I was able to cross that finish line and complete my first marathon!


Race experience you would repeat in a heartbeat: Being able to run with my sister. I ran with her back in May for the Elevate 5k, and then I set up a 10k training for her for the Addicts II Athlete 10k, but I stayed with her the entire time (even though she finished just the 5k due to an injury).

 Elevate 5k

Addicts II Athlete


If you could sum up your year in a couple of words what would they be? I could sum it up in one word actually, and that is "challenging." It's been challenging in that I have done more long runs this year than I ever have in the past, and I have done a lot of things that most people wouldn't consider doing (marathon, 2 half marathons and training for the Dopey Challenge). I also realized that I will hit over 100 miles before the end of December. I have never done that before in my history of running.

You can see my race recaps for the year HERE
________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

2 comments:

  1. Running with friends/family is always the best! Hope 2016 is going well so far! Thanks for joining the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link up was fun and I had to really think about my runs and races this past year. 😊

      Delete