Things that are a Merry Christmas 2015

Friday, December 25

With another year going by being childless, I always am thankful that I have a family (Mom, Dad, Chase's parents) that love us even though we haven't been able to give them grandchildren/nieces/nephews.

For Chase and I, we are the only ones in our immediate family who are married. There is a large gap between my sister and I, and even my brother and me. Chase's brother is just a few years younger than us, who is not married either. I think things would feel different for me, if they were married and if they had children already. It makes it nice to be able to go to Sunday dinner with them, and enjoy being adults, without the dreaded reminder of being childless each Sunday dinner.

I had a friend tell me of a situation where a relative of hers also struggled for many many years, and was in a similar situation where no one was married, and didn't have kids. Then later (not sure how much later) they were able to have kids, and then their kids were closer in age to the rest of the cousins. So ever since then I had this feeling that maybe that's supposed to happen? I'm sure there are more lessons to be learned, even now.

This Christmas, instead of focusing on what I don't have, I am going to focus on what I do have. By remembering all things I am thankful for, and putting my focus on the true meaning of Christmas.

Chase and I decided instead of getting gifts for each other this year (though we are going to see Star Wars later today) we are saving to start IVF in just 2 weeks. Our hope is that all the waiting and praying and pleading with the Lord will have hopefully worked.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and that you are able to remember the true meaning of Christmas this year!


____________________________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment