Things that are Dopey Challenge Training Week 4

Sunday, November 8


Monday: The gym was closed again... A pipe had burst so they keep closing on the weekends to get it done. So I wasn't able to go to Barre, and because of that I'm not sure I did any type of workout.

Tuesday: I ran 3.03 miles at the gym, because it was late and I wasn't able to get outside before it got dark. I also did exercises my chiropractor has given me to help strengthen much needed muscles (sumo squats, and reverse lunges, and I did 25 push-ups).

Wednesday: I had scheduled a mile run, and I ended up running 1.12 miles in 8:54 It wasn't my fastest mile, but I was definitely pushing it the whole run. You know that feeling you get like you are gonna puke? That's the feeling that I had the entire run. But while I was running I used what @hungryrunnergirl would always say: I am COMFORTABLE. I don't know about you, but that helped me be more comfortable running at a faster pace.

Thursday: I was going to run 3 miles, but ended up not because I had over booked myself for the entire night. I also met with my chiropractor and he massaged my legs out, and told me to make sure I keep working on my strength exercises. P.S. He also thinks I'm crazy for running the Dopey Challenge.

Friday: Ran 3.01 miles, which felt great. I guess I just need to get used to running in the dark, cause it was a night run. I made sure I had a flasher on my wrist, and that I had a reflective vest.

Saturday: I wanted to run in the morning, but we were doing something pretty early. I thought okay I can run later in the day and I just need/want to run 11 miles. I started running the first mile, and I felt like I was going to pass out and throw up. I sat down for about 5 minutes, and felt a little better. I ended up walking to my in-laws house (they live near the trail that I love to run on) and Chase picked me up. I ended up running 2.91 miles. I think it must have been the chocolate milk I had before my run, and now I know not to drink that stuff before I go out for a run.

Lesson learned: shorter runs are best for trying new things... though I had no idea it was going to give me tummy issues.

Sunday: Rest Day

Total Miles for the week: 10.0
_____________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

4 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you're running the Dopey Challenge! And congrats on a great week of training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Have you ever ran it before?

      Delete
  2. You're doing the Dopey challenge?! I've heard about it. Good luck to you :)

    I need one of those reflective vest things. It's getting dark quite early over here (4pm) and I had issues seeing my path on my run around 5pm last night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm doing the Dopey Challenge! Having the reflective vest has been the best $10 I have spent! :) I also carry pepper spray with me, and a had a small flashlight to light my way so I didn't trip and fall. It gets dark about 5-5:30pm.

      Delete