Things that are Training for Dopey Challenge

Saturday, October 17

While I was beginning marathon training (week 4 of 24) I signed up for the Dopey Challenge. After I ran THE marathon - I have 15 weeks till the Dopey Challenge. I'm a little concerned for it, mainly because I will be running 4 consecutive days, and my body is not used to that. I think it would definitely kill me if I tried doing that now.
Source
I found two training plans: Hal Higdon's Dopey Challenge and Jeff Galloway's program with Run Disney. I went with Hal's Dopey Challenge but changed it for my own running needs and not being able to get in the full 13 weeks. For the marathon - I went sorta off of Hal Higdon's Marathon 3 for my training, but I ended up having to tweek it due to my knee being injured at the end of May. So instead of running 2-20 mile runs, I ended up only running 1-20 miler, and had to increase mileage faster than I had anticipated. Surprisingly I did not injure myself and had a injury free marathon.


Though my training has already begun, I will not be running for the next 2 weeks. I am going to strengthen up (barre class, weights and anything else I can think of) and do a lot of lower impact running (elliptical and water running) which will get my heart rate up, but should not have an impact on the fertility aspect, since my previous post on Running and Fertility talked about not running during the two week wait (2ww).

I will again keep an account of my training plans because I think it can help someone who wants to start but doesn't know how or where to go to find training helps.

Source
_____________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment