Things that are Marathon Training Week 21 Recap!

Sunday, September 6

I realized this week that I am tired, exhausted, and worn out. I did not realize how much sleep I would want/need when I started out training for this marathon. It's sad to say that this week I got to the point in this training that I was done with running. I didn't want to run another run - I am that tired. So I'm glad that I'm at tapering time for marathon training.

Monday: I had an appointment with my chiropractor. I was a little worried about running 20 miles this week with my hips being so tight from my long run last week. He wanted me to work on stretching this week.

Tuesday: I ended up not having enough time to run. I know that's not the best excuse, but time and daylight was not on my side.

Wednesday: I did a leg workout. Felt pretty good.

Thursday: 3.18 miles - Track speed workout. I ran the straights fast and recovered with the curves. I did a half mile warm up and cool down. I was surprised at my endurance. When I've done that same speed work before I wasn't able to run that far and that fast before. So I was really happy for the improvement.


Friday: Rest Day - made sure to really stretch and roll out for the 20 miles I was doing the next day.

Saturday: Ran 21 miles in 4:19:33. I started the run at 5:50am - Chase was a sweetheart and supported me the whole way. Since the first few miles were going to be on a trail I didn't feel entirely comfortable with (let me just say I hate running alone in the dark) I made sure he met up with me every mile or so for the first 3-5 miles so I felt a little bit safer, and the first few miles were a little faster than I was hoping because of my fear of running along the trail. I think next time I think I'll choose to run on a street rather than a trail, so Chase can drive by my side. Anyways - the rest of the run was pretty good, I met up with my friend Alli at mile 15 and she ran/walked with me the rest of the way. By the end of the run my hips were tight, and my foot was giving me some issues. Aside from the hip and the foot, I had a great attitude and I felt pretty good.
 My watch lost GPS at 18 miles. So I ended up recalculating my run, and the 20 miles turned into 21 miles.
 This was one of the rewards I gave myself for running 20 miles (the others were a Dr Pepper and another donut). :)

Sunday: Rest day - Definitely needed!

Total Miles for the week: 24.18
__________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

6 comments:

  1. Tedi!! Youre amazing my friend!!! I love seeing your updates on your marathon training!!! Youre kicking butt! I hope all is well with you :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karina! All is going well! Training is kicking my butt - and I'm learning a lot!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your marathon! I ran Ogden last year in the pouring rain and it was, well, memorable. :-) I'm sure you'll be amazing! Just trust in your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a few friends that ran the Ogden Marathon and got soaked, and I'm sure it was memorable to them too! :) I'm definitely trusting the training. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. You got this girl - which marathon are you doing? I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm running the Huntsville Marathon, 26.2 miles on September 26! :)

      Delete