Things that are Week 18 of Marathon Training

Sunday, August 16


Monday: I had an appointment with my chiropractor and I've been having this soreness in my ankle and really wanted to have him look at it. Come to find out it was due to me trying to keep on my sandals (lifting my toes up to try and keep the shoes on). So he did a little electrical acupuncture, and it felt a lot better. He told me to not wear sandals for the next two weeks. Thankfully my IT band hasn't been acting up (thank goodness!) so I didn't really need him to look at that (and I've been running a lot more too!).
After I went to Barre class, nothing too exciting there. Just typical ballet stuff mixed with pilates, its quite fun, and I like the mix up the teacher gives.

Tuesday: I had on my training to do at least 3 miles, and I didn't feel like waking up early to go running. I felt I needed that extra hour of sleep so I didn't go. I also got my fertility meds in the mail. So that was a little exciting and scary (The amount of money I have to pay out of pocket for these things is seriously ridiculous!).

Wednesday: Barre class and this wonderful quote for the day:




Thursday: Went running after work at the gym, and it was so so hot inside - I seriously felt I was outside running in the heat! I have never had sweat drip into my eyes before, and it did! I had to pause my workout to get a shirt out of my bag to use for my sweaty eyes. I seriously was wanting to die, but I kept running knowing that I just had 10 more minutes to go.



Friday: Rest day!

Saturday: Ran 16 miles! Holy cow! That was a hard run - and thankfully my head was in the run, so I was able to just run and not care. Which made running that 16 miles even better! Chase was a sweet hubby and dropped me off, and then I basically ran home. I told him to be ready to come get me, because my ankle had been giving me problems and it had given out on me a few times on Friday at work. I have been praying a lot more before my runs - like pray for my safety (I'm a girl and I constantly worry about that kind of stuff), and pray that I'm able to finish the run without injury. My prayers have been answered and I am so so thankful that they have been.
 It turned out to be such a beautiful morning. 
At this point in my run I was almost done, and I was sweating like nobody's business.
I ran with my "I'm hungry because I run, I run because I'm hungry" from @hungryrunnergirl I seriously am in love with it! 
Finished off my day with a cinnamon roll maple donut! Yum!

Sunday: Rest day!

Total Miles for the week: 20.46
__________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

2 comments:

  1. I giggled a little at the "like pray for my safety (I'm a girl and I constantly worry about that kind of stuff)". I am constantly concerned about my safety and my husband just does not get how vulnerable it can feel to be a girl sometimes.

    Also, I have no idea what a cinnamon roll maple donut is, but it sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of WAY too many stories of women getting raped or almost raped because they were out running by themselves. So for me I always carry Pepper Spray, and I always make sure to tell the hubby my route before I leave so he knows where I was last. He also checks up on me (imessage allows you to find the location as does findmyiphone app) throughout my run. I'm glad you giggled. :)

      So imagine a cinnamon roll with maple frosting on top. That's what it is, and it is delicious! I'm also falling in love with Apple Fritters. :)

      Delete