Things that are Week 17 of Marathon Training

Sunday, August 9

Wow. I think this was one of the hardest weeks for me. Not because training was hard, but because I was exhausted.

Monday: Went to a yoga class.

Tuesday: Ran 2.4 miles outside and did a shake out run. Shake out meaning, I just wanted to make sure nothing was extra sore, or see if there was an injury starting to flare up. Basically it was an easy run for me. I also did the strength exercises the Chiropractor gave me. I think those exercises have really helped me not injure myself this training cycle.

Wednesday: I was going to go swim and bike 10 miles after work to get ready for the triathlon on Saturday. I ended up going to bed at 7:30. Sleep was definitely needed, and thankfully the hubs didn't mind.

Thursday: Felt I needed that extra rest - I felt like I could come down with something if I didn't take an extra rest day - plus I was planning on doing the triathlon, as well as running 12 miles (Not sure what I was thinking there..) so I wanted that extra rest.

Friday: My usual rest day - but I made sure I did extra stretches to be ready for Saturday.

Saturday: I completed my first sprint triathlon (swim 600m, bike 14 miles, run 5k), and later that day I ran 6 additional miles. I ended up running in the canyon around 7:30pm and knowing that the sun was going down at 8:30. I figured I would have more light outside after the sun went down - nope. I had this feeling that I needed to make sure I had my pepper spray out in my hand. Nothing bad happened (thankfully my prayers were answered), and the last mile I ran it in 9:23 - I had that feeling that I just needed to be fast and be done. I ran the 6 miles in 1:11.
 Right before the swim

Bike Transition
Transition to running

After my 6 miles:
 I can wear other clothes on my Saturday long run! ;)

Sunday: Rest day!

Total Miles: 11.4 miles, a down week for sure (last week was 17 total miles). I'm already at 24 miles for the month and it's only the end of the first week of August.
__________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

6 comments:

  1. Wow, huge congratulations on completing your first sprint triathlon!!! And then you ran an additional 6 miles later that day? That is incredible!!! You definitely deserved your rest day on Sunday and I hope you took full advantage. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun and look forward to doing another one! I took FULL advantage of my rest day. I also snuck in a nap on Saturday which helped a ton too!!

      Delete
  2. You are amazing!!! After a year of IVF and neglecting my body, I thought it was finally time to get back into this whole 'exercise' thing. I went to a Zumba class last Saturday and am still hobbling around- I think I have a while to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure IVF does crazy things to your body! I'm glad you are getting back to exercising again! Keep going! Even doing one class a week is something! 😊

      Delete
  3. A sprint tri and then running more later? You are a beast! SO awesome!! Go YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Caroline! I got a nap in between so that definitely helped!

      Delete