Things that are Marathon Training Week 11 Recap

Sunday, June 28

This week was a fun week! Chase and I had the opportunity to go on vacation with his parents and an Aunt and Uncle to Alaska. We were there for 6 days. So my recap will include pictures from our trip, and the activities we did.



Monday: Chase and I drove up to Denali State Park in hopes of getting to see Mount McKinley.

Unfortunately we weren't able to see it. It was completely cloud covered as you can see from the view behind us.

Later we went on a hike to Thunderbird Falls and met up with the rest of the family.



Tuesday: Before we left to go down to Seward to do our fishing and wildlife tours, I went on a run. I ran 2 miles (a mile in and a mile out), and right before Chase and I got to Kincaid park we saw a moose cow and her cub just relaxing on the side of the road.


It felt so good to run. Not sure if it was the fact that I was at sea level, but I seriously felt like I could have run longer breathing wise, but knee wise 2 miles was good enough for me.

The only time I have ever gotten to run with trees surrounding me is trail running. I was worried I would run into an unwanted animal so I didn't wear headphones and had music on so the animals knew I was there.

On our way to Seward we went on a trail called Winner Creek in the town of Girdwood.
 They had this really cool hand tram across a gorge. It was pretty fun and scary at the same time.

We hiked up to see this view! It was pretty amazing! There are so many beautiful waterfalls everywhere in Alaska.

Wednesday: Rest day - rested on a wildlife boat tour.

Thursday: Hiked up to Exit Glacier, and to Byron Glacier to see a glacier cave.
 I posted this picture on Instagram on Thursday of us at exit glacier. The reason it is called exit glacier is it was the best place to leave the ice field that is up on top of this mountain range.

This was the glacier cave. I took my shoes off and walked in the freezing cold glacier water to get this picture. I was expecting a bigger cave - I guess it looks better and more accessible in the winter.

Friday: Rested, and had an appointment with my chiropractor. He said I could start running twice a week and gave me more exercises to start strengthening my hamstring and knees. They are pretty good ones since I am sore from doing them during my appointment. I can't wait to start back to running again next week.

Saturday: Ended up working so I was on my feet for most of the day - but I sort of rested the rest of the day.

Sunday: My typical rest day.

Total miles for the week (including hiking): 7.84 miles
__________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

2 comments:

  1. Those viewsare gorgeous!! Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy! It was an amazing trip! So glad I was able to go!

      Delete