Things that are Marathon Training Week 9 Recap

Sunday, June 14

This week was a good week. I have been focusing on getting back my full range of motion, and I was really worried when I went to see my Chiropractor Fridaythat I hadn't restored it all the way.

This past week Chase was traveling for business to Hong Kong. So I had to make sure the dogs were taken care of; and as far as fitness went this week, it's been roughly the same as the past few weeks. I may not get to start running again for another 2 weeks.



Monday: I didn't do any fitness related activities, but I made sure to watch what I ate, and tried to keep it in my normal limits.

Since this is also an infertility blog, I had the pleasure of meeting a friend who I have come to know via Facebook messenger. Ashlee and her little family were traveling through and are visiting family and friends, and wanted to stop and meet.
We met through my friend Alli (far left). Ashlee also has struggled with infertility but was able to finally get pregnant last year, and had her little daughter earlier this year. I had a lot of fun meeting them. 

Tuesday: I went on a walk with the dogs, nothing really too long - just a 30 minute walk.

Wednesday: Went on a walk with the dogs again, just 30 minutes again and I also mowed the lawn! First time ever, and I don't think I did a very good job. I guess you learn as you go. We also have a push mower and so that was a LOT more work than I realized it would be.
I wore Chase's prescription sunglasses because I don't have any, and now I am wanting to get them because they were so nice to have!

Not really the best, but you can see I messed up on the lines a lot... I'm a newbie at it so I shouldn't expect a lot from my first time.

Thursday: Rest Day. I was gonna take the dogs for another walk, but I had other stuff come up. I also caved on the low carb diet we've been on. I figured a one time splurge was okay.

Friday: Chase got back from his business trip and we went and walked around the carnival and booth's that were in our area. So I got a lot of walking in, and felt pretty good.

Earlier that day I went to see my Chiropractor. He says I have full range of motion back, and that I can start rehabbing in the next 2 weeks. He did electrical acupuncture on the back of my leg, and I can already tell a difference. He used 9 acupuncture needles - I lost count after 5 and had to ask him. After the treatment there is obviously still pressure when I try and bend it all the way or bend down in a squat. But overall it's definitely improved, and he was very impressed with the improvements that I have made. YAY!



Saturday: Chase and I went on an 11.5 mile bike ride. I didn't want to go too fast, or too far. Chase said he could have gone for a longer bike ride.
We had a lot of fun, I was definitely slower than him and had to keep working hard to catch up to him.

It was a leisure ride according to myfitnesspal.

Sunday: Rest day. I'm hoping to be a bit more active this next week. I'm planning on going for bike rides and possibly doing Barr class and swimming this next week.
______________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

2 comments:

  1. It was truly a great post to read. Thanks for sharing details about acupuncture sessions that you had. It’s really good that you had relief with therapy. I have also getting electric acupuncture for my back pain at a local acupuncture Mississauga clinic. I hope it’ll work on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply... My mom trained me to be more herbal and not use modern medicine so much. So after going to the medical doctor and just telling me to go to physical therapy and/or stretching. I didn't feel comfortable with doing that. The benefits from acupuncture have been amazing. I may consider doing more treatments for fertility stuff. I would love to know how your session went!

      Delete