Things that are Marathon Training Week 5 Recap

Sunday, May 17

This week was a little busy for me. I had to find time to fit in my runs and other activities.

Monday: Did a 30 minute swim - I think I swam a 700 and was short on time.

Tuesday: Went running in the morning and ran 3.42 miles. The run seemed really hard and I think it had to do with me getting up early and the fact that my legs were really tired and tight.

Wednesday: Soccer for 30 minutes.

Thursday: I was supposed to do a 35 minute tempo run. I miscalculated the amount of time I was giving myself for running the actual tempo and only did a 20 minute tempo. Ran 2.21 miles on the treadmill at the gym in 30:32.

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Ran 6 miles, along the Provo River Trail (3 miles in, 3 miles back). Surprisingly I ran it faster than marathon pace and faster than what my long runs should be. I did notice that it was downhill out and slight uphill on the way back. I had positive splits even though I was under 12 minute mile each mile. I felt really good and I just felt tight in my hips, knees and IT band.


Sunday: Rest

Total miles for the week: 11.6 miles
______________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

2 comments:

  1. A few things:

    I need to run on the Provo River trail! Always looking for new spots- need to wander "south" :)

    Also-- I really need to start swimming laps, I am a great swimmer but just really nervous I will looks like a fish out of water when trying to do it for "fitness" not diving or cooling off- any tips?

    I am in week bajillion of marathon training (week 18 but feels like a bajillion) Ran my 20 miler this week and I am so ready for this race to be done so I can go back to shorter distances! Its such an accomplishment but I really struggle with the time commitment to it!

    Congrats on week 5 of training!

    Katie @ Katie Wanders (formerly Running A Ragnar!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever want a running buddy for Utah County let me know! I'm still learning of more and more trails to run on.

      Delete