Things that are Week 2 of Marathon Training

Sunday, April 26

This week has been pretty great! Yes I have been sore! Yes I have been exhausted, but I feel SO good (aside from the sore throat and the head that feels like it's going to explode)!

Monday: I went to Barre class for 50 minutes, and went swimming for 30 minutes (only swam 600 meters). I want to be able to swim a 50m freestyle without having to stop because I can't breath. So I am working up to that. I think once I can swim a 600 without stopping I will slowly start increasing that and maybe throw in some other swimming drills.

P.S. I was really worried about my hair being dyed blonde and swimming in the chlorine pool - I finally asked my hair dresser and she said as long as you get it wet and spray it with leave-in-conditioner before you put your swim cap on you'll be fine and it won't turn green. I'm praying she's right! :)

Tuesday: Ran a 3.2 mile run after work. My average pace was 12.31 and it took me 41 minutes. My calves were killing me the first 1.5 miles. It wasn't until after they warmed up and I stretched again that they felt better. I got a few horns that honked at me while I was running (I really hate when guys do that), I was a little scared at one point, because it looked like they were going to follow me. Whenever I run alone now, I be sure to always carry pepper spray with me.


Wednesday: I played soccer with a co-ed team (and will be playing with them for the next 5 weeks). It was a lot of fun! Sprinting for the ball is always hard, it got easier at the end of last season (in October), but I was exhausted by the end.


Thursday: Speed work. I tried doing a tempo run. I only did 3 miles, 0.75 warm up, 1.5 at 10.42 pace, 0.75 cool down. It was hard at first to try and keep that pace, I actually had to slow down for a little bit during the pace, and then pick it back up. I didn't want to push it too hard, because of all the runs I will be doing in the future.

Friday: Rest - I was feeling pretty icky on Friday. Like I woke up with my head feeling like it was going to explode, and I sounded like I had a frog in my throat. I ended up working a half day, and slept the other half. It felt so great to get some much needed sleep.

Saturday: I ended up not running due to a frog in my throat that led to coughing and still not feeling good. I will probably replace a shorter run next week for a long run - if I am feeling up for it. I am definitely trying to take it easy. I know my body needs rest and lots of fluids.

Sunday: Rest day. Spent the day resting and recovering from something going on in my chest and head.
_____________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment