Things that are "how exercise can improve your mood"

Tuesday, April 28

So a few weeks ago, I wrote a post called "Things that we wished we could change." While I was writing it, I kept thinking on how I haven't been running or doing any other type of exercise for that matter. I just felt down, depressed, and not wanting to do anything. Normally I am NOT like that. I am the type of person that always has to be doing something, and not usually that lazy.

My motivation for running and exercise had been completely gone! I didn't even want to do my exercises that my Chiropractor gave me (and they aren't that hard either).

After my Chiropractor told me that I could start running again (in the middle of March), I started going on weekly Saturday runs, just to work back into running. I was also trying to keep my fitness level up, but even then I still wasn't really "feeling it."

The middle of April I went out and ran with my friend Alli. We only went 3 miles and it felt pretty great. We ran an easy run, because it had been several months since she had ran, and it had been several weeks since I had been able to run a full 3 miles.

I did notice that after I had ran with Alli, I felt a lot better. Happier that I had been out and with a friend. I felt like I was in a better mood.

In that few weeks time period I came up with 5 things that helped me get my love for running back:

1. Realized that I needed to get my booty in gear for this marathon - so I spent some time working on redoing my marathon training plan. I think it will be better and it will help me to not injure myself down the road.
2. Running with friends - it was great for her cause she could vent, and I could listen to her. She was able to keep up with me and I was able to keep up with her. I forgot how much I loved running with people (need to get Chase back into running - so he can be my running buddy again).
3. Remembering how good I felt after running - My body didn't hurt, and I seemed to have a bit more of a runner's high.
4. Reading inspirational quotes and blogs about running and exercise - wanting to find small exercises to try out.
5. Forcing myself to go out and run, even if it's just a mile. Because a mile is better than sitting on the couch all day wondering where my running mojo went to.

Source



Looking back on my running and exercise this week. This week I should have been in a really crappy mood (time of the month crappy). I exercised for 4 days this week and felt great, even though I am exhausted. I can tell from the exercise this week that my relationships with my dogs and hubby have been better. I don't seem to be stressed as much either.
___________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment