Things that are Random Monday March 16th edition

Monday, March 16

Some randoms from this past week:

So I decided it was in my best interest to take a break from running... So I decided to step up my game and follow Cassie Ho's monthly Popsters challenge.  So I get all the way to Wednesday, and see this! 100 Burpee Burnout! Say what!? I HATE burpee's! I think everyone I know hates burpees! and I have to do a FULL 100 of them!? I wanted to DIE! Long story short - I didn't die and for all the videos I did that day, I think I did well over 100 burpees! Oh and I saved this video for LAST! Cause I was SERIOUSLY dreading it!


So I get to Saturday doing her workout videos on YouTube and I end up doing more than what she asks for - because I skipped Thursday and since Thursday is arms and back I REALLY wanted to work those areas out! Anyways... All the workouts combined resulted in what I thought was a groin injury. So I was a little sore all weekend. So I go in for my Chiropractic appointment on Monday and he tells me it's not my groin, its my back.
He told me I can't lift anything for a week, and I can only sit for 15 minutes and then must take a break and get up and walk around. I asked if I could cycle - and he says no, and even told me that I couldn't run (go figure). That left me with swimming or just resting for the week. Yes it sets me back a few weeks for marathon training but I should get enough running in to not die for it. I just need to start injury free and continue being injury free.


He also taped me so that was an addition for needing a rest week. So last week at work was filled with sitting and standing and not lifting. It was a really hard week there.

Tuesday when I was trying to somehow put my shoes on before work. Chase thought it would be fun to put Hurley's ears back. It was really funny.

As you can tell, he looks extra goofy!

These were my motivational quotes I saw this past week on Instagram:

 This one made me smile. Because I don't have to run, but I love to run because it makes me happy and healthy.

Then after it being a crazy week of having back pain, and feeling like I had a million things on my plate I saw this, and realized that I need to be happy even though I'm in pain.

I finally got around to decorating part of my bedroom. This wall definitely needed some extra love. I'm happy with it for now. It may change shortly. :)

I also got my small (yes VERY small) supply of Girl Scout cookies! I have been savoring them this whole week (and still have lots left). Random fact for Random Monday.. I was a Girl Scout, in a home school Girl Scout troop. It was a lot of fun and I made a lot of friends.

And last but not least...

I joined the lucky sock exchange that Chelsea over at Starbucks, Peace, and the Pursuit of a Baby started. She has done them before. The last one she did was a mug exchange, and this time it's a lucky sock exchange! I'm excited and I've already been matched with an amazing girl! I feel like it's a Pen Pal - you know like what you had back in the day before technology (iPhones, and laptops, and heaven forbid - before the internet)?  Am I really the only one who ever did that? I thought it was a lot of fun. Anyways... I failed to tell you about it before the sign-ups ended.

So instead I will keep you posted on what all happens with it, and show what I get and what I sent to the girl I'm in an exchange with later. We will be sending them out no later than April 2nd.

What were some randoms for you this past week?
__________________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

1 comment:

  1. Love your accent wall- the color is so fun and gorgeous pictures!

    Katie @ www.runningaragnar.com

    ReplyDelete