Things that are the very first...

Saturday, November 8


So hi! This is my first blog post. If you are reading this, you know this is the beginning of hopefully a very magical and very inspiring journey for me.

My name is Tedi. My husband is Chase. We have 2 dogs, Hurley and Pepper. They are like our kids. We don't have any kids (hence the name of the blog "running with infertility"), we treat our dogs like our children - though they don't always listen to us, and always have food on the mind or sniffer?

I wanted to write a blog that was about me. I know that sounded vain after I wrote it out... I wanted to write about 2 things that I am passionate about. Running and Infertility.

I love running and just started it back in 2012 after a friend said she wanted to run a race every month - then I decided to run a race a month for an entire year. I am SLOW! I am not fast at all and am working on trying to get better. But I get injured a lot and need to incorporate strength training and more quality runs into my training.

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 5 years this month. The problem is not with me, but with him. I try to be open as possible about it, because I believe people NEED to know how widespread this is coming... It really is crazy how many people I personally know or who I have worked with that struggle with this.

I want this blog to be inspiring for those who are struggling and to know they are not alone in the journey. Because I have felt alone for a long time, and realized (for me anyways), that I needed to share the pain and joys I have, not keep them inside.

Since I also love running I want to post about my race experiences and the things I am doing to try and get better and faster. Hopefully this will keep me accountable.

So here goes my journey! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment