Things said at a ladies night out - candy jar edition...

Wednesday, November 12

Over the weekend I was at a ladies night out with my mother-in-law in her ward (which happened to be the ward Chase and I were in when we first got married). There was yummy soups and dessert (Can I say BYU Mint Brownies?!). After dinner we all did a craft, the one I did was make these cute holiday candy jars.


There was a girl there who I was talking to, she asked if I had kids (totally fine to ask that - just don't ask "when we're going to have kids"), I told her no, but we have been trying for 5 years. She said that she was sorry, but had a friend who had done this... and then another friend who had this, but then... I don't know.. at that point I was more hurt that she wasn't asking about me, and was just telling me of all these people she knew who had infertility, but who got pregnant on their own. I tried to be nice to her, but deep down I was so hurt by what she had said. When I don't know these girls and what their struggles really are, I have a really hard time hearing their success stories. Mainly because I have heard about the same thing over and over again.

Through the pain I was feeling while I was at the party, I started thinking of my first visiting teaching companion when Chase and I first got married, she is a bit older than me, but suffered/suffers (cause I don't think infertility ever really goes away permanently) from infertility. She is a JOY to be around, she makes everyone smile, and yet she hasn't EVER been able to have kids - they have had to adopt all 4 of their beautiful children. Anyways, I kinda got the feeling that I was put with her for a reason. Though I didn't know it at the time I was her companion and didn't really think about it until I was watching her (Sounds kinda creeper-ish) while at the party. Forward to a few years later when I had another companion in a different ward who became one of my good friends. She suffers from Endometriosis, and had a very hard time conceiving 2 of her children. It's just interesting how I was put with those ladies, and know the pain (and they know mine) that they have gone through to get kids into their family.

For me being a latter-day saint (LDS), a lot of times looking back I see why things were put in our way, or why people were put into our lives at that time. I know that Heavenly Father watches out for us and cares about us, and is trying to help give us strength to overcome our challenges.

__________________________________________
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: @runningwithinfertility1
Pinterest: Running with Infertility
Twitter: @runwinfertility
Bloglovin': Running with Infertility
Email: runningwithinfertilityATgmail.com
Facebook: Running with Infertility

No comments:

Post a Comment